Sunday, December 30, 2012

Fighting to make myself eat

For the last few days I have wanted nothing to do with food.
Which is a problem...for more reasons than the obvious.
The most obvious is that peanut needs me to eat, but I have to take my meds with food. The Metformin and the Dexamethazone both are to be taken with food, and lets face it prenatals do not give pleasant results on an empty stomach.
So I've been forcing down a bowl of cereal ( a small one ) before I take my pills and making myself eat little bits here and there throughout the day...but I know it is FAR from what I should be eating.

I did however dodge the stomach bug! My niece, nephew, brother-in-law and father-in-law did not. My poor little niece was up in the middle of the night pukeing and my nephew decided that while we were over for dinner was a great time to up chuck twice...my brother-in-law and father-in-law got hit with it yesterday. Sis, bro and the kids had to drive back home (8hrs) with the boys sick...somehow they made it with out anyone getting sick!
I also missed the sinus infection I though I was getting!
I thank Vicks and a hot compress to the face for my sinus cavities draining before infection set in! It's all in my chest and I'm caughing, but it's not bad. I still feel rather crapy, which isn't helping in the I need to eat department.

I suspect that I've lost a few pounds over the last week...I put on my favorite jeans (the ones that for the last few weeks have only fit with the aid of a very stretchy rubber band) and I about lost them while grocery shopping today! I'm sure I looked rather classy tugging at my jeans while in a old hoodie and a messy pony!

I saw on Pinterest some sort of slushie made with bananas, strawberries and a 7up, so I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't have any strawberries so I used raspberries and the three bananas that were on their last day. All I have to say is I haven't wanted to puke it back up yet! and it's actually pretty good.

Hubs and I are planning a nice quiet evening in tomorrow, I think maybe pizza, movie and popcorn.
Hope your New Years is nice, safe and with loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice. be kind. be loving.
please.