Monday, September 10, 2012

Talk with RE, family and weight loss...aka Kat talks too much.

I just got back from my appointment with Dr. H, and as I suspected we are in the November IVF group, we just need to make a down payment to hold our spot.

We had a good talk, but my skater-brain forgot to ask about acupuncture...I plan on emailing him about it. He explained a lot about the kind of eggs they retrieved from me and expressed that he would like to see the eggs retrieved next time to have a much higher estrogen level...last time they were at 828, he said he would like to see a 2 in front of that, so I'm getting higher levels of the Lupron.

I'm kinda glad we missed the October group, it gives me some time to process throught this last IVF.
I need the time to get back to who I am without being whisked back into a medicated me.
I feel like this cycle is still in the fail process, because I'm still having a period. I need that to stop and then I think I can move on to "getting over" the loss. I'm still sad and I still find myself crying over little things...I think jumping back into another IVF my hinder my sanity. I'm a very emotional person, I need my time to be emotional and use it to heal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We had AJ's family reunion this weekend, and let me just say what strange people his dad's family is!
I spent the majority of the time there talking to his cousin. They just started seeing a RE, and just happened to start with Dr. H too. He's starting them out with medicated IUI, and I had to talk her out of a panic about that. Her OBGYN had done 2 un-medicated IUIs already and as she was seeing it she should be done with the IUI process. She was wanting to just call and say put us in the IVF group. I told her she should give the medicated ones a try and assured her that her body needed the chance to succeed with the medication.  I promised her I was there for any questions...crazy and not...and that I was there for her for anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Operation drop 20lbs begins tomorrow!
Why not today you ask?
Because I'm stuck at school all night...and I was running too late this morning and for got my stuff for the gym.
So tomorrow morning I'm getting up and going for a walk, then I plan to have a healthy breakfast and clean the house (because having almost 30 people in my house eating has left it a bit messy) and then maybe a smoothie for lunch and some yoga in the afternoon and chilli for dinner.  See I wrote it all out so it has to happen!
Wednesday will begin the gym time! I'm lucky enough that my community college has a free gym for students and staff! Since I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday I figured I could just get there an hr early and go to the gym before work then use my Tuesdays and Thursdays for walking at home and doing yoga...and maybe some house work too.
I'm going to make smoothies a big part of this plan, they seem to fill me up, which is good because I'm a snacker. I have already cut a huge amount of sugar out of my diet, due to the way my stomach reacts while on Metformin, but I would love to cut it out completely.  This may be hard when it comes to coffee, seeing as I can't have any of the fake sugars without getting a migraine! But I think if I just back off a little at a time with my coffee I can get use to it...it worked with tea!


Wow this post is getting long, if you made it to the end I should send you the last remaining cup cake from the party this weekend....go ahead and fight amongst yourselves for it and let me know who wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice. be kind. be loving.
please.